Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Airborne to refund $23.5 million

What????
I heard this on the news last night. It turns out I'm a bit slow and didn't know about this story last year when it first hit.
According to the court filing, "Airborne Products made untrue and misleading statements about the Airborne Products by claiming, among other things, that the Airborne Products cure or prevent colds."
What???
As an avid believer and user of vitamins, minerals and herbs and personal experience of validity, I think that the Class Action Lawsuit and resulting refund payments are one of the Stupid Things I Heard Today.
Airborne Products are supplemental products. No one is forced to purchase them. Millions of their customers appreciate their products and fully support taking Vitamin C and other herbs as a means to prevent or minimize colds. How many people buy Echinacea and Goldenseal? Millions! Why? Because they believe it is a healthier alternative to taking antibiotics. There is a time and place for antibiotics and health care professionals are notorious for over subscribing these drugs.
There is a portion of our society that poo poos alternative remedies and pathetically bows down to the pharmaceutical companies. This concession is slowly ruining the health of what were once healthy human beings. What a shame. And how stupid!
I have a vial of Airborne in my closet for when I need it and I certainly would never have requested a refund even though anyone could have requested it with no proof of previous purchase.
Oh yeah, that is another of the Stupid Things I Heard Today. Anyone requesting a refund did not need to supply any sort of proof of purchase. You just had to say you bought some of their products and voilĂ , you get a check come April 2009.
Shame on all the dishonest people who signed up for their free refund checks. I would bet most were not harmed by Airborne Products.

No comments:

Post a Comment